Reworkable Edgebond Adhesives
Ruggedize and raise board level reliability
Edgebond adhesives, sometimes referred to as Corner Glues or Cornerbond Adhesives, are an excellent alternative to board-level underfills. Process cost is reduced by the elimination of board preheat and capillary flow. Quality is improved because voids and incompatibility with flux residues are moot. Rework is far easier and performed with higher yield.
Zymet's reworkable edgebond adhesives enhance board level reliability and ruggedize 3D and 2.5D packages, FO-WLP's, WLCSP's, BGA's, CSP's and QFN's. They are used in high performance (HPC), enterprise, automotive, aerospace and consumer applications.
- High Tg and Low CTE for the most challenging assemblies and applications
- Fast, in-line curing with cure time as short as 1 minute
- Moderate temperature cure
- Long pot life
- Excellent adhesion
Links to references:
- Edgebonding Large WLCPS's Enhances Harsh Environment Reliability (PDF)
- Impact of Conformal Coating on WLCSP Thermal Cycle Performance (PDF)
- Edgebond Applied WLCSP Thermal Cycle Performance (PDF)
- Reworkable Edgebond Applied WLCSP Thermal Cycling Performance Enhancement (PDF)
- Underfills and Adhesives for Board Level Reliability (PDF)
- Enhancing Mechanical Shock Performance Using Edgebond Technology (PDF)
- High I/O BGA Connector Solder Joint Integrity Investigation (PDF)
- A Selected Comparison from ATC Test: Industry Progress from 2005 to Present Day (PDF)
For more information about specific applications and products, please Contact Us.